Basic Risotto Recipe
Base Risotto Recipe for Instant Pot
A good Risotto; so delicious, but not so easy. But not with the Instant Pot! We have the perfect Risotto recipe for you. With garlic, white wine and some peas for some extra vegetables. Easy and simple; just like the Italian kitchen.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 250 g arborio rice
- 1 x 187ml bottle of white wine
- 600 ml stock or water plus stock cube
- Salt and pepper
- 100 g frozen peas
- Grated cheese and/or butter to add at the end
- Set the pot to SAUTE , and add the oil to the inner pot.
- Once warm, add the onion and stir occasionally until soft. Then add the rice and lightly fry until looking translucent.
- Pour in the wine and stir for about a minute, using a wooden spoon to deglaze the bottom of the inner pot.
- Press cancel then pour in the stock and add the seasoning.
- Select PRESSURE COOK on high, and set the time for 6 minutes.
- When the program has finished, allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid, and stir in the frozen peas, cheese and butter and leave for a couple of minutes for the peas to warm through and the cheese to melt.
Would you like more of this kind of useful information? Sign up for our newsletter for the latest news, useful tips and advice, delicious recipes, and special offers. We email at most once a week.