Basic Beef Stew Recipe
Base Beef Stew Recipe for Instant Pot
This is a simple basic recipe that can easily be adapted to your personal taste, or to what you have at home. Serve with bread, pasta or rice.
The reason that the recipe doesn't have a lot of exact weights and dimensions is because it always depends on what you feel like. Sometimes we make this stew with harissa, the next time with Italian or Provencal herbs. This recipe asks for your personal touch so don't be scared to use flavours!
- 500 g lean diced beef
- 2 onions diced
- 4 potatoes diced
- 3 carrots diced
- 100 g peas
- 400 ml beef stock
- Your favourite herbs and spices adapt to your taste. Mixed herbs, paprika, parsley, they all go really well
- Suet dumplings (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to your inner pot. Lock the lid in.
- Select Pressure Cook and set the time to 25mins. At the end, allow for a natural pressure release.
- When finished, remove lid and press Sauté to thicken the liquid (you could add extra gravy granules.
- Want to add dumplings? Add them at the end. Once your stew has pressure cooked and finished its natural pressure release, place the dumplings on top and put your Instant Pot on Sauté for 15-20 minutes with a glass lid on.
Would you like more of this kind of useful information? Sign up for our newsletter for the latest news, useful tips and advice, delicious recipes, and special offers. We email at most once a week.