Steak Fajitas Recipe
Steak Fajitas Recipe for Instant Pot
Don't know what to eat tonight? Fajitas are a great way to keep everyone in the family happy. This fajita filling takes 15 minutes to prepare, and the Instant Pot will cook it in the same time. You can use traditional tortillas, or change it up for salad cups instead to get extra veggies in your diet. Grated cheddar, sour cream and guacamole make this Fajita party complete.
- 1/8 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 skirt steak 2 lb steak
- 1 small onion peeled and diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 cup beef broth
- In a small bowl, combine oil, coconut aminos, fish sauce, cumin, chili powder, tomato paste, and salt. Spread 3/4 of the mixture on all sides of the beef. Reserve additional sauce.
- Press the Sauté button on Instant Pot®. Add skirt steak and sear on each side for approximately 5 minutes. Remove the meat and set aside. Add onion and peppers to Instant Pot® with reserved sauce. Sauté for 3–5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add beef broth. Set meat on the layer of onion and peppers. Lock lid.
- Press the Meat button and cook for the default time of 35 minutes
- When timer beeps, let the pressure release naturally until float valve drops and then unlock lid.
Would you like more of this kind of useful information? Sign up for our newsletter for the latest news, useful tips and advice, delicious recipes, and special offers. We email at most once a week.